News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1392925117&paper=topstories
Evening Classes Cancelled on Thursday, Feb. 20
Click for updates posted at 3:14 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 20.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 2-20-2014
THE FOLLOWING UPDATE WAS POSTED AT 3:14 P.M., ON THURSDAY, FEB. 20, 2014
- Memorial Library will close at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014.
- At this time, tonight's evening class cancellations pertain only to classes held in Mankato, Minn.
- Minnesota State Mankato students taking evening classes at the 7700 France location in Edina, Minn., and at Normandale Community College should check with their instructors at those locations for the status of their evening classes.
- Due to weather conditions, all Minnesota State Mankato buses provided by the city of Mankato, specifically the Route 1 bus (off campus), Route 8 bus (on-campus circulator), Route 12 bus (James Court/Stadium Heights), and the Stomper Express bus will end service by 6 p.m. tonight (Thursday, Feb. 20). Although the city will try to honor the 6 p.m. end times, weather conditions may require that the buses be pulled earlier, particularly if city snowplows fall behind.
- The smaller Minnesota State Mankato Red Eye Shuttle vans have been pulled from service because of road conditions.
THE FOLLOWING UPDATE WAS POSTED AT 1:44 P.M. ON THURSDAY, FEB. 20, 2014
Mankato, Minn. -- Minnesota State University, Mankato will be cancelling Thursday, Feb. 20 evening classes that begin at 6 p.m. or later tonight.
The Mankato area is currently under a blizzard warning through the remainder of the evening. The prediction is for snow accumulation between 5 to 12 inches. Winds are expected to be between 25-35 miles per hour with gusts up to 45 miles per hour.
At this time, the university remains open, and staff should plan to report to work as scheduled.
However, if for weather-related reasons staff members are unable to make it to campus for evening work, they should contact their immediate supervisor as soon as possible.
Weather updates will be posted here as necessary.