News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1421356202&paper=topstories
New Fraternity Looks to Join University Greek Community
Sigma Alpha Epsilon has accepted an invitation to colonize at Minnesota State Mankato.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon News Release, 1-15-2015
EVANSTON, Ill. -- The Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity, known as SAE, has received an invitation to establish a colony at Minnesota State University, Mankato in Mankato, Minn. Colonization is the first step toward establishing a full-fledged chapter of a national fraternity on a college or university campus.
Originally chartering at the university in 1967, the organization had a presence on campus until 1975. Sigma Alpha Epsilon will be re-joining the Mankato fraternity and sorority community in spring 2015.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon was founded on March 9, 1856, at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Now, more than 150 years later, the Fraternity boasts more than 314,000 initiated members, 225 active collegiate chapters, 23 colonies and 209 alumni associations across the country. Members are guided by the fraternity’s creed, "The True Gentleman," with recruitment efforts targeting individuals that seek:
- a lifetime experience of friendship and brotherhood
- an opportunity to serve the community and fellow man
- a commitment to high academic performance and personal standards
- a value on the actions and behaviors of a gentleman and role model
David Schieler, immediate past interfraternity vouncil vice president of recruitment at Minnesota State Mankato, stated: “Our growing Greek community is looking forward to working with SAE to re-establish a presence on campus.”
Sigma Alpha Epsilon will be looking to meet men who would be interested in being a “Founding Father” of the Minnesota Beta Chapter at Minnesota State Mankato. Those interested in learning more about the opportunity and possibilities are encouraged to meet with SAE's visiting staff member during his visit. There will be multiple opportunities to find out more and to meet with a representative.
Interested students may:
- Contact coordinator of expansion Adam Beckerleg at email@example.com
- Stop by the Centennial Student Union "Mav Ave" tabling space or the Myers Field House tabling space and meet Beckerleg while he is on campus through Tuesday, Jan. 27.
- Attend an informational session at 5 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 15 (CSU 202); 2 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 16 (CSU 202); 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 20 (CSU 256); 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23 (CSU 202); or 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 27 (CSU 203).
- Check us out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SAEMankato
- Learn more about SAE and the colonization process at www.sae.net/expansion