News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1454438193&paper=topstories
Classes Cancelled Beginning at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2
University remains open, classes on as scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 3. UPDATES WILL BE POSTED HERE.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office Announcement, 2-2-2016
- Minnesota State University, Mankato Weather Related Closing/Class Cancellation information is available by calling 507-389-2463.
- For updates on Minnesota Department of Transportation highway conditions, visit www.511mn.org.
- For updates from the city of Mankato on city street conditions, snow emergencies, road and hill closures, city bus service and other city services, subscribe online here to receive city of Mankato news.
- Follow Twitter @MktoSnowAlerts to receive snow emergency messages from the city of Mankato.
- Sign up here to receive snow emergency alerts by text message from the city of Mankato.
- For general information on weather closings at Minnesota State Mankato, visit the Campus Security webpage here.
2:57 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016
An email to all staff and students indicated that the Minnesota State Mankato IT Service Desk, Academic Computer Center and Res Tech Services were closing at 5 p.m. due to the inclement weather.
1:41 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016
According to the city of Mankato's website, city bus service in Mankato and North Mankato has been discontinued for the remainder of the day and will resume Wednesday morning. Read the complete city news release here.
1:09 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016
Minnesota State Mankato's Memorial Library will be closing at 5 p.m. today. Updates or changes to the library hours will be available at 507-389-6201.
12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016
CLASSES CANCELLED BEGINNING AT 2 P.M. TUESDAY, FEB. 2
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato President Richard Davenport announced that all day and evening classes at Minnesota State Mankato’s main campus and the Edina and Normandale campuses are cancelled, beginning at 2 p.m. today (Tuesday, Feb. 2).
The University remains open, and Wednesday, Feb. 3 classes are still scheduled.
Additional updates will be provided as weather conditions change.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 15,193 students, is part of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities system, which comprises 31 state institutions.