News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1466619007&paper=topstories
Students Encouraged to Register, Vote in November Elections
The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State providing student outreach efforts.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 6-22-2016
The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, Steve Simon, is encouraging voter outreach activities across the state, including at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Minnesota State Mankato students are encouraged to participate in the Minnesota College Ballot Bowl, a new voter registration competition sponsored by the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State. The Minnesota College Ballot Bowl is an event in which campuses will compete against one another to register the most students.
Links to Resources
- Registration (general)
- Paper (link for anyone to print it out)
- Election day registration
- Am I already registered?
- Partnerships! Student groups/government, League of Women Voters
- Election Day Voting (general)
- Where do I vote?
- Tips for new voters
- Early and Absentee Voting (general)
- Vote early by mail (absentee ballot)
- Vote early in person
- Vote from Military or abroad (including exchange students)
- For voter registration drive training
Help to recruit election judges: experience the process; get paid!
Prepare those on exchange/studying abroad to vote absentee (outreach, materials and other resources)
Participate in the Minnesota Campus Ballot Bowl
- For training
- Voter outreach materials
- National Voter Registration Day
- Who represents me?
- College Ballot Bowl competition