AnnouncementPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1477342902&paper=its
Financial Fraud - Protecting Yourself Online
National Cyber Security Awareness Month presentation shows you how to protect your finances at Wed. noon in Ostrantder.
Do you use a credit card or debit card for purchasing? Do you do any purchasing online? Were you affected by the Target data breach? Your financial life could be at risk! Join us as we demystify some of the ways hackers can attack your financial life. What steps can you take to reduce the threats to your home and work life? Come and find out how common sense security practices can go a long way in protecting your personal assets and work activities!
- What: National Cyber Security Awareness Month presentation #4
- When: Wed., Oct. 26 at Noon
- Where: MSU, Ostrander Auditorium (located in the CSU)
- Craig Munson – Interim Chief Information Security Officer, Minnesota State. Craig has been working in information technology for the past two decades and has specialized in information security for the past ten years. He has been working at the Minnesota State system office, for the past 5 years. He has spent time working in general information security, application security, risk analysis, and security policy. He enjoys talking about security topics at all level. Craig is a member of the FBI’s InfraGuard program and other security organizations such as OWASP and ISACA.
- Jim Nelson – Information Security Risk Specialist. Jim has been working in information technology for over 25 years with the last 15 spent in information security. He has been working for Minnesota State (formally Minnesota State Colleges and Universities) over 7 years in the system office downtown St. Paul. Jim’s work with Minnesota State includes assisting in the development of the information technology and security policies, procedures and guidelines that govern Minnesota State.