News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1565893128&paper=topstories
Aug. 19: President's Convocation
Students move in Aug. 22. Processional through Alumni Arch is Aug. 23. Classes begin Aug. 26.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 8-15-2019
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato President Richard Davenport will welcome faculty back to campus and discuss his vision for the 2019-2020 academic year during the annual president’s convocation address from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 19 in the Centennial Student Union Ballroom. A reception for faculty and staff will be held prior to the president’s address from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Monday in the CSU Ballroom lobby.
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Marilyn Wells will deliver the provost’s convocation address from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the CSU Ballroom.
(NOTE TO EDITORS: Media are welcome to attend Monday’s convocation day events and other events throughout the week. The president’s convocation address will also be streamed live at link.mnsu.edu/mavtubelive.)
Media photo and coverage opportunities from Aug. 19-26:
- Monday, Aug. 19 – President’s convocation from 9-10 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 22 – Beginning at 9 a.m., approximately 3,000 students move into on-campus housing to start “Welcome Week.”
- Friday, Aug. 23 – Between approximately 11:20 and 11:40 a.m., new students will participate in a procession through the Alumni Arch, signifying their arrival as students. (The rain location is Myers Field House hallway.)
- Saturday-Sunday, Aug. 24-25 – “Welcome Week” activities continue. A complete schedule of 2019 student welcome week activities is available online.
- Monday, Aug. 26 – First day of fall classes.
Drivers to campus on the Thursday, Aug. 22 move-in day are asked to temporarily avoid main access streets (Stadium Road and Val Imm Drive), and core-campus streets, and to park in remote lots.
There is no scheduled move-in day for thousands of additional returning students who live in private, off-campus apartments. Many will return to Mankato on the weekend (Aug. 23-25) prior to the start of classes.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 14,227 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which includes 30 colleges and seven universities.