News HighlightsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?id=old-1575580735&paper=topstories
Dec. 9: Maverick All-Sports Dome Open House
Open house is from 5:30-8 p.m.
Minnesota State University, Mankato Media Relations Office News Release, 12-5-2019
Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato will hold a free public open house for the new Maverick All-Sports Dome on Monday, Dec. 9 from 5:30-8 p.m. The University community and public are invited to the open house.
The Maverick All-Sports Dome, home of SCHEELS Field, is located at 1910 Monks Ave. (south of the intersection of Monks Avenue and Stadium Road). Free parking is available during the open house in Orange Lot 22 South.
The University community and public are invited to bring their own soccer balls and footballs to kick and throw during the open house. Baseball and softball hitting will not be available during the open house, but attendees are invited to bring baseball and softball gloves and their own baseballs or softballs to play catch during the open house (kids under the age of 18 will be required to have a parent/guardian present and sign a waiver).
The Maverick All-Sports Dome will be used for a variety of sports, to include soccer, football, baseball, softball, ultimate frisbee, rugby, lacrosse, cricket and much more. There is no golfing in the Maverick All-Sports Dome.
For more information about Monday’s open house, contact Minnesota State Mankato’s Office of Campus Recreation by phone at 507-389-2500 or by email at email@example.com.
Maverick All-Sports Dome Fast Facts
- In the future, the Maverick All-Sports Dome will be inflated from approximately Nov. 1 to May 1. From May 1 to Nov. 1, it will be an unlit outdoor field.
- The Maverick All-Sports Dome is 1-1/2 soccer fields in size and is lined for full-field soccer, lacrosse and football as well as short-field soccer. It can be configured into three smaller-sized fields.
- The facility has two lined softball fields in opposite corners of the dome with three batting cages on one end.
- A support building attached to the Maverick All-Sports Dome has an entry with tables and chairs, vending machines, bathrooms and a check-in area/office.
- Parking at the dome will be in Minnesota State Mankato Orange Lot 22 South.
- There will be “open dome” times for the general public to pay a fee to access the facility.
- Hours available for rent when the dome is inflated: weekday mornings; weekdays after 5 p.m.; and weekends, scheduling around University usage.
- Hours available when the dome is down: there will be rental times during spring, summer and fall, scheduling around University usage.
- Those interested in renting or with questions may contact Todd Pfingsten, director of campus recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 14,297 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which includes 30 colleges and seven universities.