Warning StepsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/newstudent/advising/warningsteps.html
I'm on academic warning or probation. What's next?
If you have a major selected, determine which academic college offers your major. Use the chart below and contact the office associated with your college for assistance with academic warning.
|Allied Health||124 Myers Field House||507-389-6315|
|Arts & Humanities||226 Armstrong Hall||507-389-1712|
|Business||151 Morris Hall||507-389-2963|
|Education||117 Armstrong Hall||507-389-1215|
|Nursing||360 Wissink Hall||507-389-6022|
|Science, Engineering & Technology||131 Trafton Science Center N||507-389-1521|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||114 Armstrong Hall||507-389-6306|
If you are undecided about your major, work with New Student & Family Programs while on academic warning or probation. Follow the steps below:
1. Attend an academic success appointment with your advisor in New Student & Family Programs.
2. Review the Academic Standing video below.
3. Complete the online Self-Assessment.
4. Complete an Academic Improvement Plan appointment with your advisor. You will use this appointment to create a plan for your success.
5. Complete a midterm check-in appointment with your advisor to calculate your semester GPA and completion rate. Start discussing your plans for next semester.
6. Have a final meeting with your advisor to discuss registration for next semester.
Please remember: There will be a registration hold placed on your record. You NEED to follow the steps above to take care of that hold. This will involve more than one appointment!
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page if you have other questions related to your academic warning or probation status.