Register for OrientationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/newstudent/orientation/register/
Step 1: Know your StarID
StarID is your campus username and password. Most students activated StarID during the admissions application process. You will need your StarID and password to register for an orientation program.
- Your StarID includes 2 letters, 4 numbers, following by 2 letters (ex. ab1234cd).
- It is important to bring your StarID and password to orientation because you will need it to register for classes!
If you forgot your StarID and password or need to activate your StarID you will need your TechID, SSN, and/or the personal email address you used to apply for admission.
- Go to the StarID website. Read the information, and then click the "Forgot StarID and Password" or "Activate StarID."
- Choose either "Tech ID" (you will need your SSN for this option) or "Personal Email" option to activate your StarID.
**If you choose the Personal Email option, a verification code will be sent to that email address. Enter that code in the "Verification Code" link on the StarID activation page. Verification codes are only valid for one hour.
- You will be asked to set your StarID password once you gain access to the system.
- After successfuly setting your StarID password, you can find you StarID by scrolling to the top of the page. Your StarID will include 2 letters, 4 numbers, following by 2 letters (ex. ab1234cd).
If you are having trouble reseting or activating your StarID using the "TechID or Personal Email" option, please call the Registration Help Desk at 507-389-2252.
- Please note that when calling for help, the student much initiate the phone call as we are unable to release information related to a student's record to parents, family or guests.
Step 3: Register for Orientation
Registration for Spring 2017 will be available on October 2016
Registration for Fall 2017 will be available in late February 2017
If you are experience difficulties accessing the link above, try refreshing the website. If that does not work, try using a a different browser (i.e. Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer). Also try typing in the direct website address at:
How to Register for Orientation
- Online reservation process: This process offers you the opportunity to see what sessions are currently available. You also know immediately which session you have signed up for. You will need a credit card to reserve your space. (This process is preferred.)
- Register by mail: Return the reservation form in your orientation invitation as soon as possible to the address indicated on the invitation (using any other Minnesota State University, Mankato address could delay the processing of your reservation).
- Make checks payable to Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- New Student Summer Orientation Only: Rank your session choices 1-9 on the form. Your assigned session will be determined by session availability at the time your form is received.
- Due to limited availability registration for the One Day Programs is limited to online only.
Online Reservation Instructions
Please be sure to read all information carefully and register any guests attending the program with you (Summer only).
Step 1: Login. (If you logout before completing your registration, your information will be lost.)
- If you are having trouble activating your StarID, please call the Registration Help Desk at 507-389-2252.
Step 2: Complete the orientation registration form. Please make sure to enter your email address correctly as all communications are sent to this account. Choose an orientation date, enter guests, and enter any additional information. (If a date is not listed, it is no longer available.)
Step 3: Print a copy of your credit card and reservation confirmation forms.
Step 4: You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours.
Step 5: Changes to reservations can be submitted online; however cancellations and refunds must be done in writing or by calling the Office of New Student and Family Programs at 507-389-5498 at least five (5) business days prior to your Orientation program.
Step 4: Review Information on your Orientation Program
- New Student Orientation (First Year Students)
- Transfer Student Orientation
- Online/Extended Learner Orientation (Online and Partnership Site Students)
Reservation Cancellation Policy: Orientation reservations may be cancelled by phone (507-389-5498) up until five (5) business days prior to your scheduled orientation session date. Students will receive a partial refund of 50% and family members will receive a full refund if a cancellation request is submitted at least five (5) business days prior to your scheduled session date. Those who do not give five business days’ notice, or do not show up, will be charged the entire program fee.