Parents contribute the student success by:
- Being knowledgeable of the student’s academic and non-academic expectations.
- Being knowledgeable of University services and resources and encourage your student to utilize those services and seek assistance independently.
- Encouraging your student to set personal and academic goals and take responsibility related to academic and personal decision making.
- Challenging your student to seek new experiences and become connected to the campus community.
- Allowing your student to accept the consequences of their actions and determine future courses of action to assess what can be done to avoid undesirable outcomes.
- Knowing and understanding access to student records, as outlined by federal requirements (FERPA).