Register for Graduate CreditsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/nfl/graduate/
- Apply to the MSU College of Graduate Studies. We suggest you start by applying for non-degree seeking status (NDS). NDS is faster/easier and permits you to take up to 9 graduate credits without formal applying to a specific program. You may, of course, do the full application process now (or later if you decide to go beyond 9 credits). A pdf of the application form is at http://grad.mnsu.edu/forms/appforgradstudy.pdf OR you can apply online at https://secure.mnsu.edu/gsr/gaapp/
- Create a moodle account
- Go to https://moodle.mnsu.edu
- Click "Login"
- Click "Create new account"
- Follow the directions to create your account
- Select the forensic modules you wish to take for graduate credit. The currently available modules are listed at http://www.mnsu.edu/nfl/modules/ (we will be designing and building more modules in the near future). What we do is package modules together to equal the number of graduate credits desired. 2 modules=1 credit, 3 modules=2 credits; 4 modules=3 credits. The grouping of the modules is not fixed, but open to discussion/negotiation between you and our faculty. “Introduction” modules are taken at the 500-graduate course level; “Advanced” modules are taken at the 600-graduate course level.
- The modules are all self-paced, but if taking for graduate credit they will need to be completed within a normal academic semester (summer, fall, or spring).
- When you have received notice of admission to the graduate program, send the following to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name, Tech ID, the number of graduate credits you wish to take, and the modules you wish to take
- All NFL graduate courses are registration by-permission-only. We will enter permission for you to register for the appropriate graduate course and send you the code required to register.
- We will enter the permission for the selected modules and notify you when you may start the coursework.
Note: Graduate tuition/fees are different than CEU costs. Details on graduate tuiton/fees are available at www.mnsu.edu/campushub/tuiton_fees/
Subscribe to the NFLstudents listserve at http://mail.mnsu.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nflstudents. The listserv is designed to keep everyone interested in the MSU-NFL program in the loop with current developments, release of new CEU modules, and availability of online graduate credits in Communication Studies.