Types of MailPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/oss/mailtypes.html
Use the following guidelines:
- Make sure your account number is on the mail piece or you have an account card attached with your mailings
- Separate each account into separate bundles.
- Separate outgoing mail into these categories,
- Separate each account into separate bundles. (Mail tubs are marked and provided).
- Mail that needs postage
- Use respective mail cards for mail that needs special service.
- All flaps of envelopes must be down.
- Separate SEALED and UNSEALED envelopes.
- If barcoding address, the barcode needs to be on the TOP of the address.
- Have "RETURN ADDRESSES ON ALL MAIL."
Express (Overnight) Mail
Needs to be to MSU Postal Services by 2:15 P.M. to guarantee next day delivery.
All mail leaves campus at 3:45 P.M. each day.
University departments must be approved for periodical mailing privileges by the U.S. Postal Services. Only newspapers and periodical publications are eligible. Periodicals offers substantial discounts with slightly diminished service.