2007, February 15 HearingPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/parking/hearing/2007/
Annual Public Hearing on Parking Policies, Budget, & Capital Improvements
This year's annual hearing was held on February 15, 2007.
- Revised 4/6/07 Administration Response to Post Parking Hearing PAC Recommendations
- 2/15/07 Testimony Presented at the Annual Public Hearing on Parking Policies, Budget, & Capital Improvements
- 2/15/07 Special Meeting of the PAC Minuets
- 2/20/07 Pictures of the Free Lot - Proposed hard surfacing of Free Lot to cost $214,000 of a total $375,000 for Parking Capitol Improvement Projects in Summer, 2007
- 2/16/07 Post Parking Hearing PAC Revised Recommendations
- Revised Email from David Cowan on Student Senate Resolution on 2007-08 Parking Policies, Capital Improvements, and Budget
- Parking Program Personnel Expenditures
- Parking Financial Report
- 2007 Annual Public Hearing Docket
- 2007 Parking Lot Improvements
- 2007 Engineer Estimate
- Capital Improvement Program - Proposed 5 year plan
- PAC Minutes 01/19/2007
- PAC Minutes 11/27/2006
Notice of Annual Hearing Reqirements
Requrements for the notice of public hearing can be found under MN Statue 169.966 subdivions 7.
"Keep the Free Lot Free" - Says Reporter
Before this starts to sound like an attack, we'll give credit MSU parking for staying out of student fees and being self-sufficient. Keep it that way and keep the free lot. Paving the lot and adding better lighting would be a plus, but to charge students to use the lot would be just another shot to the wallet's of many students.
Future May Bring Free Lot Upgrades
The Parking Advisory Committee (PAC) made recommendations on Nov 27th to upgrade gravel lot 23 (aka "free lot"). Paving and lighting & improvements may mean an end of the "free lot" as PAC is recommending a $40 academic year permit effective Fall, 2007.