Mission StatementPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/planning/masterplan/campuswide/tablecontents/missionstatement.html
Minnesota State University, Mankato promotes learning through effective undergraduate and graduate teaching, scholarship, and research in service to the state, the region and the global community.
Statement of Goals
To realize the mission statement by 2001, MSU will have met the following goals for excellence through the actions of and evaluation by appropriate units:
- The University will foster an actively engaged and inclusive learning community based upon civility, trust, integrity, respect, and diversity in a safe, welcoming physical environment.
- The University will prepare students for careers and for life-long learning by providing a clearly defined general education program and focused undergraduate pre-professional, professional, and liberal arts programs.
- The University will strengthen its role as a major provider of graduate education, offering intensive, scholarly graduate programs including collaborative efforts with other institutions and professionals, culminating in student expertise at professional levels.
- The University will enhance advising, support services, and learning experiences that aid students in identifying life goals, planning academic careers, and achieving timely graduation.
- The University will increase the quantity and quality of service to the state, region, and global community through collaborations, partnerships, and opportunities for cultural enrichment and continuous learning.
- The University will invest in the professional development of all members of the University Community and in the appropriate technologies necessary to achieve excellence in learning through teaching, research, and service.
- The University, as a whole and in all of its parts, will establish priorities thorough planning and assessment processes that anticipate our needs and focus our efforts and resources in support of our mission and goals.