University Vision, Values & MissionPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/president/vision.html?force=t
Minnesota State University, Mankato promotes learning through effective undergraduate and graduate teaching, scholarship, and research in service to the state, the region and the global community.
Minnesota State Mankato will be known as a university where people expect to go further than they thought possible by combining knowledge and the passion to achieve great things.
Our foundation for this vision is our heritage of both dedicated teaching and the direct application of knowledge to improve a diverse community and world. We will achieve it by actively nurturing the passion within students, faculty and staff to push beyond possibility on the way to realizing dreams.
Minnesota State University, Mankato is an innovative, student-centered learning community that values:
- Integrity and respect in the way we conduct ourselves;
- Diversity in who we are and what we do;
- Access to our programs and services that create opportunities for all to pursue their dreams;
- Responsibility to those we serve by providing an education that inspires solutions to society's challenges; and
- Excellence in our academic and non-academic pursuits.
Statement of Goals
- The University will foster an actively engaged and inclusive learning community based upon civility, trust, integrity, respect, and diversity in a safe, welcoming physical environment.
- The University will prepare students for careers and for life-long learning by providing a clearly defined general education program and focused undergraduate pre-professional, professional, and liberal arts programs.
- The University will strengthen its role as a major provider of graduate education, offering intensive, scholarly graduate programs including collaborative efforts with other institutions and professionals, culminating in student expertise at professional levels.
- The University will enhance advising, support services, and learning experiences that aid students in identifying life goals, planning academic careers, and achieving timely graduation.
- The University will increase the quantity and quality of service to the state, region, and global community through collaborations, partnerships, and opportunities for cultural enrichment and continuous learning.
- The University will invest in the professional development of all members of the University Community and in the appropriate technologies necessary to achieve excellence in learning through teaching, research, and service.
- The University, as a whole and in all of its parts, will establish priorities through planning and assessment processes that anticipate our needs and focus our efforts and resources in support of our mission and goals.