Civil EngineeringPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/programs/civilengineering.html
|Department||Mechanical and Civil Engineering|
|College||Science, Engineering & Technology|
|Undergraduate Degree Type(s)||BSCE|
Within 3-6 years of graduation, graduates of the civil engineering program at Minnesota State University, Mankato are expected to contribute to the profession and to society as a whole by achieving a combination of the following milestones.
1. Based on their strong technical foundation in civil engineering, they have advanced professionally to increased levels of responsibility, have successfully transitioned into business or management, or have success fully completed an advanced degree.
2. They have become a registered professional engineer.
3. They have demonstrated an ability to communicate technical information through technical reports and/or proposals, development of plans and specifications, presentations to the public, published papers and articles, and/or conference presentations.
4. They have participated in continuing education or pursued additional industry certification.
5. They have participated in, or served as an officer of, a local, regional, or national professional engineering society, standards committee, or state/local board.
Other important features of an education in civil engineering at Minnesota State Mankato include:
To be considered for admission to the Civil Engineering program, students must complete the following courses, taken for “grade”:
Upper division CIVE courses are available only to students who have been formally admitted to the program. For transfer students the distribution of credits in the preceding section may vary. Students wishing to transfer credits should contact the department for an individual evaluation. Upper division CIVE courses are available only to students who have been formally admitted to the program. For transfer students the distribution of credits above may vary. Students wishing to transfer credits should contact the department for an individual evaluation.
|Academic Bulletin||A full description of the program including class listings and class descriptions are listed in the Academic Bulletin.|
|Program Contact Information||Department of Mechanical and Civil Engineering
205 Trafton Science Center East
Mankato, MN 56001
|College Advising||All civil engineering majors are assigned to an academic advisor to assist in planning their major program. Meeting with the advisor is REQUIRED prior to registration each semester. Additional advising support is available at:
College of Science, Engineering & Technology Advising Center
Ken Adams, Student Relations Coordinator
125 Trafton Science Center C.
Mankato, MN 56001
Note: This page may not print properly from Internet Explorer.