Criteria for Admission to a Major in the College of Business:
- Minimum 2.70 total cumulative grade point average required.(no exception)
- Complete 33 of the 44 required General Education credits. (Complete remainder of Gen. Ed. prior to graduation.)
Specific General Education Courses Required: MATH 130, ECON 201, ECON 202, ECON 207 and one from PHIL 120W, PHIL 205W, PHIL 222W, PHIL 224W, PHIL 226W, or PHIL 240W.
- Completion of the Required Prerequisite Courses and Lower Division Courses listed below.
Business Foundation Requirements
- IT 101-3 Intro to Info Systems
- MATH 130-4 Finite Math & Intro Calc
Lower Division: (Classes in ( ) represent prerequisites that must be completed before registering for the class.)
*Students must first be admitted (a declared Business major does not mean you are admitted) to the College of Business (see Admission Criteria above) before they can take Upper Division (300 and 400 level) Business courses.
- ACCT 200-3 Financial Accounting (IT 101 and MATH 112 or MATH 130)
- ACCT 210-3 Managerial Accounting (ACCT 200)
- BLAW 200-3 Legal, Political, and Regulatory Environment of Business (ACCT 200 or concurrent)
- BUS 295-2 Professional Preparation for Business Careers (*This is when you apply for admission to the major.)
- ECON 201-3 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 202-3 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 207-4 Business Statistics (MATH 112 or MATH 130)
- MGMT 200-3 Introduction to MIS (IT 101)
- PHIL 120W, 205W, 222W, 224W, 226W, or 240W (choose one of these courses) – 3 cr.
If completing only a Business minor:
You only need to complete the courses required/listed for the minor (prerequisites must still be met). You must be admitted (a declared major does not necessarily mean you are admitted to your major) to your major to be given permission to register for the Upper Division (300 and 400 level) Business courses required for the minor. The following 3 Business minors require you to meet the minimum 2.70 total cumulative gpa: Accounting, Human Resource Management and Marketing.
Requirement Guides can be found at this link: http://cob.mnsu.edu/advising/requirements.html
Please refer to Transferology to see if a course from another institution has an equivalency at MSU, Mankato.www.transferology.com
IBUS MAJOR ONLINE:
Students will take only 300 and 400 level courses online. (A few 200 level Business Foundation courses may be available online.) After admission to the College of Business(see admission requirements above), students can then complete the International Business major online. All Upper Division/300-400 level Business Foundation courses are usually offered online at least once a year to include Fall, Spring and/or Summer.
Deadlines for application are: October 1 for Spring Semester and March 1 for Fall Semester.
Academic Consulting: Students will initially receive their consulting from the professional advisors in the College of Business Student Center. When a student applies to the College of Business, he/she will be assigned a faculty advisor in the major area of study. Questions regarding the assignment of advisors can be answered in the College of Business Student Center, 151 Morris Hall, 389-2963. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Requirement: Students taking College of Business courses (which include ACCT, BLAW, FINA, IBUS, MGMT and MRKT) are required to have a laptop computer. Please go to http://cob.mnsu.edu/notebook/ for details.If you need assistance, please call 507-389-2742.
Residency: Transfer students pursuing a major within the College of Business must complete a minimum of 30 resident upper division credits (300-400 level) in the College of Business at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Transfer students pursuing a major or minor in the College of Business must complete at least 50% (one-half) of their major or minor coursework at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
|Program Contact Information
Department of Marketing and International Business
Minnesota State University, Mankato
150 Morris Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
Anaam Hashmi, International Business Faculty