- Our newest faculty member is Carlos Panahon, from Syracuse University
- ALUMNI/ALUMNAE We would like to know where you are and what you are doing! Send us an email
Dr. Lisa M. Perez
Degree, institution, year awarded
Ph.D., Bowling Green State University, 1998
Area of specialization
- Occupational Stress
- Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Organizational Citizenship Behaviors
- Interpersonal Conflict/Incivility in the Workplace
- Diversity in the Workplace
- the moderating effects of personality characteristics and coping
strategies on the relationships between negative interpersonal interactions
in the workplace (incivility, conflict, emotional labor) and strain
- relationships between perceived role breadth, frequency of
organizational citizenship behaviors, perceived workload and strain
- work- and leisure-related predictors of the Sunday Night Blues (the
experience of negative mood in anticipation of the return to work)
- individual differences in the use and effectiveness of time
management behaviors and perceptions of control over time
Selected publications / Selected presentations
- Guidroz, A. M., Perez, L. M., & Wang, M. (2006, May). Conflict and
emotional exhaustion: Another look at the burnout progression. Poster to
be presented at the 21st Annual Conference of the Society for
Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Dallas, TX.
- Perez, L. M., & Lassiter, A. L. (2006, May). Helping practitioners get
the most from academic collaborations. Symposium to be presented at
the 21st Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and
Organizational Psychology, Dallas, TX.
- Perez, L. M., & Riley, R. P. (2006, March). Coping with workplace
incivility: Effects on psychological distress and counterproductivity.
Presented at the Sixth International Conference on Occupational Stress
and Health, Miami, FL.
- Catenhauser, C., & Perez, L. M. (2005, May). Supervisory support for
work/life balance: Implications for turnover intentions and perceived
advancement opportunities. Presented at the Midwestern Psychological
Association Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Velez, A. M., & Perez, L. M. (2005, May). Burnout and the Big Five
among hospital nurses. Presented at the Midwestern Psychological
Association, Chicago IL.
- Stanek, C., Perez, L. M., Brooks, S., & Wiley, J. W. (2005, April).
An investigation of cross-cultural power distance and quality focus.
Presented at the 20th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and
Organizational Psychology, Los Angeles, CA.
- Zehr, J. A., & Perez, L. M. (2005, April). The role of personality
and coping strategies in the performance of counterproductive work
behaviors. Presented at the 20th Annual Conference of the Society for
Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Los Angeles, CA.
- Sachau, D., Perez, L., & Catenhauser, C. (2004). Finding the
epicenter of I-O psychology, The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist, 41(3),
- Guidroz, A. M., & Perez, L. M. (2004, April). Dispositional and
job-related correlates of interpersonal conflict: Does the source of
conflict make a difference? Presented at the 19th Annual Conference of the
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology. Chicago, IL.
- Hedahl, K., Perez, L. M., & Sheets, T. (2003, April). Effects of
career and organizational commitment on organizational citizenship
behaviors. Presented at the 18th Annual Conference of the Society for
Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Orlando, FL.
- Smith, C. S., Folkard, S., Schmeider, R., Parra, L. F., Spelten, E.,
Almiral, H., Sen, R., Sahu, S., Perez, L. M., & Tisak, J. (2002).
Investigation of morning-evening orientation in six countries using the
preferences scale. Personality & Individual Differences, 32, 949-968.
- Stanton, J. M., Bachiochi, P. D., Robie, C., Perez, L. M., & Smith, P.
C. (2002). Revising the JDI Work Subscale: Insights into stress and
control. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 62, 877-895.
- PSYC 101 - Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 4/519 - Psychometric Theory
- PSYC 4/541 - Attitudes
- PSYC 4/553 - Human Factors
- PSYC 4/563 - Survey of Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- PSYC 4/590 - Seminar: Diversity in the Workplace
- PSYC 624 - Seminar: Stress & Health in the Workplace
- PSYC 695/697 - Research in I/O Psychology