Common MarketPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/commmark.html
The Common Market program allows a student who is already admitted at one institution to take courses at another, without going through the admission process.
The two schools that take part in this program are:
Bethany Lutheran College
Gustavus Adolphus College
To qualify for the Common Market program students must:
- have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- be an undergraduate student.
- be classified as at least a sophomore.
To take part in this program you must pick up and fill out a Common Market Passport form at the Office of the Registrar. Basically, the form asks for your name, the school you plan on attending, and the courses you plan to take there. Bring this form to your advisor to get their approval and signature. Finally, return the form to the Office of the Registrar. If you qualify, the form will be sent to the other school where you will be registered for the classes you listed.
Some items of importance to Common Market students:
- Credits earned via Common Market are considered resident credits of the student's home university.
- You will pay the school you attend for your registration.
- Financial aid is not automatically approved for courses through the Common Market program. Students must complete a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement for financial aid consideration through Student Financial Services at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Please contact the Campus Hub for more information.
- Students are limited to taking courses on a Common Market basis for only two consecutive terms.
Questions concerning the Common Market Program should be directed to
room: WA 132; phone: 389-1134