shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Registration Permissions

Page address:

There are a number of situations that arise which prevent students from registering for classes.  These situations often require some type of permission from an instructor to allow students to enroll.


Permissions are called "overrides" because they allow a registration restriction to be overridden for a particular student.  The items needing to be overriden are termed "edits".

To set an override (grant registration permission) for a student:

1) Login to eServices. 

 2)  Click the drop down arrow next to the word Faculty in upper left corner of the screen.

3) Select Faculty Overrides.

 You should then see

4)  Enter correct student tech id, term, course id and edit code.

 The following are reasons you may need to grant permission and the edits that control registration activity.

  • The student needs the instructor's permission to enroll.
    • Override edit code 000012.
  • The student cannot enroll because the course is closed (full).
    • Override edit code 000013.
  • The student is trying to register in a course that conflicts with another course on his/her schedule (time conflict).
    • Override edit code 000022.

Click the Process button.

Note that you are granting permission for the student to have the ability to enroll themselves in a particular course until the registration deadline. You are not actually enrolling the students in the course.

After the registration deadline has passed, students must complete the Registration Appeal Form and submit to the Registration Help Center for registration to be completed.  Registration will not be done without your electronic permission to register.

Questions concerning registration permissions should be directed to

the Registration Help Center

room:  WA 132; phone:  389-2252