In Progress GradesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/inproggrades.html
Instructors may assign the grade of “IP” to students whose work at the end of a term is still in progress because the course, by design or by arrangement prior to registration, requires more than one term to complete all assignments.
- Completion of course requirements for In Progress grades must occur within one year.
- A grade of “IP” automatically changes to “F” or “NC” (depending on the selected grading method) after one year if no other grade is assigned.
- Students completing an In Progress should not re-register for the same class. Students completing In Progress grades cannot use these credits for enrollment or financial aid in subsequent terms.
- In Progress grades count as credits attempted and as credits earned. Note: Policy Implemented Summer 17.
- All In Progress grades must be posted before a degree will be awarded.
- Graduate Level Students: Completing the work for a grade of “IP” is not considered to be enrollment for purposes of the graduate student enrollment policy that graduate students enroll for at least one credit during the semester of graduation.
When an In Progress grade is completed, the instructor submits the updated grade via E-Services/Class Management/Change Grade. For additional information on changing grades, go tohttp://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/gradechanges.html.
For more information on grading policy, go tohttps://www.mnsu.edu/atoz/policies/grading.pdf
Grading Policy: https://www.mnsu.edu/atoz/policies/grading.pdf
Questions concerning in progress grades should be directed to
room: WA 132; phone: 389-2577