Summer 2014 Registration InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/summer14reg_info.html
Registration Help Center
Located on the first floor of the Wigley Administration Center (WA 132)
Phone: (507)389-2252 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff: Laura Henry
Supervisor: Debra Schulz, Assistant Registrar
Summer 2014 Registration Information
- The Class Schedule is available on the web starting Friday, February 21. To access, go to www.mnsu.edu and click on "Current Students" and then "Class Schedule."
- Students can also log in to E-Services at https://www.mnsu.edu/eservices/ to view the class schedule.
- Employees who have not been students at MSU or for students who do not wish to log in, the advanced search can be accessed by going to https://webproc.mnscu.edu/registration/search/advanced.html?campusid=071 and by clicking on "Advanced Course Search."
- Students/faculty-staff are encouraged to use their StarID/password when logging in to E-Services. For information on StarID go to http://www.mnsu.edu/starid/. TechID and TechID password will still work to log in to E-Services through the end of Spring Semester, 2014.
- Registration begins on Wednesday, March 19, at 8:00 a.m. There are no registration windows for Summer therefore all students can begin registering on March 19.
- Important Dates can be found at http://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/summer14cal.html.
- Students can see the add/drop/withdrawal/refund date by looking at the course details when searching for a course on E-Services. The dates can also be seen by placing the mouse over the icon on the student's class schedule. This will display "hover help" which will show the official date to add, drop and withdraw.
- Staff can see the add/drop/withdrawal/refund date searching for a course at https://webproc.mnscu.edu/registration/search/advanced.html?campusid=071. Search for course, click on title of course, scroll down to Add/Drop/Withdraw.
- There is NO scheduled early registration for students registered with the Office of Disability Services.
- There is NO priority registration for student-athletes, veterans, Honors, speech or music students.
- Administrative drop will be used but not as heavily as in Spring/Fall. Go to http://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/ADMINDROP.html for additional information.
- Registration Access Codes are NOT used in the Summer.
- Registration cancellation for non-payment will be used. Go to http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/payments/rcfn/index.html for more information.
- For information on billing information, go to http://www.mnsu.edu/campushub/campusinfo/dates/payment/summer12/index.html. Invoices are not sent. Check E-Services for balance due.
- The "Class Schedule Builder" can be found by going to http://www.mnsu.edu/schedule/. This is designed to help students set up their class schedule.
- Registration Navigation Bar
The registration navigation bar will highlight which step the student is currently in when working towards registering for courses. Example: Search, Search Results & Plan, Review My Plan, Register
- Course Equivalents Search
Assists students in finding equivalent courses at other system colleges or universities when the home institution course is either unavailable or inconvenient.
- The title "Course Cart" is no longer used- now "Wish List"
- Search Results & Plan-"Planning" widget that allows the student to view a quick snapshot of Registered, Wish List and Wait List Courses
- Course Detail-Organized Information regarding course on one page
- Meeting Details
- Location Details
- Seat Availability
- Add/Drop/Withdraw dates—Withdraw date very important (see 80% course withdrawal listed below)
- Tuition and Fees
- Restrictions-instructor permission, major, classification etc…
- Registration "error message codes" may appear when a student adds classes to the "wish list" or attempts to register for a course but does not have the correct permissions. To see the meaning of the error message codes, go to http://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/PROBLEMS.html or go to http://www3.mnsu.edu/courses/ and click on the purple "Registration Error Codes" listed at the top.
- Students should check for holds preventing registration by going to https://www.mnsu.edu/msureg and logging in to E-Services, and then clicking on "Courses and Registration" and the "Registration Holds."
- Many answers to registration questions can be found at the "Ask a Question" website. Go to the MSU homepage at www.mnsu.edu and go to the bottom left hand side of the page and click on "Ask a Question." Once you are in to the website, search by the key word "registration."
|Deadline||Add||Refund/No W||Drop/No Refund/with W||Grade Change|
|Full Semester May 19 –July 25||May 23||May 23||July 14||June 2|
|First (Half) "Session" May 19 – June 20||May 23||May 23||See **Note below||May 23|
|Second (Half) "Session" June 23 – July 25||June 24||June 24||See **Note below||June 27|
|First Module June 2 – June 13||June 3||June 3||See **Note below||June 6|
|Second Module June 16 – June 27||June 17||June 17||See **Note below||June 20|
|Third Module June 30 – July 11||July 1||July 1||See **Note below||July 7|
|Fourth Module July 14 – July 25||July 15||July 15||See **Note below||July 18|
|Short courses of five days or less*||Through the first class day||Before the first class day||Through the first class day See **Note below||Through half the course's length|
|Short courses more than five days long*||One calendar day after the first class meeting||One calendar day after the first class meeting||Through the first five days of the course.
See ** Note below
|Through the first five days of the course|
Exceptions are short courses which end before May 23. They must be dropped by one calendar day after the first class day in order to be refunded.
You can see the drop/withdrawal dates by looking at the course details when searching for a course on E-Services. The dates can also be seen by placing your mouse over the icon on your class schedule. This will display "hover help" which will show the official date to drop and withdraw.