shortcut to content
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Frequently Asked Questions

Page address:

purple bar - medium

Can I have a pet?

Professional and Graduate staff members are able to have one cat, one caged bird, or many fish. Learn more about our pet policy.

What furniture is included in the furnished apartment?

Our staff apartments are fully furnished. Each living room comes with a couch, chair, desk or writing table, desk chair, coffee table, and entertainment stand. The kitchen has an eating area with furniture. The bedroom is furnished with a queen-size bed and mattress, night stand, and a dresser. Please note that there is no designated storage space outside of your apartment.

Is the Minnesota State University, Mankato campus smoke-free?

Yes, our campus is smoke and tobacco-use free. Learn more about our tobacco and smoke-free campus.

What is your campus alcohol policy?

Our Professional and Graduate staff are expected to follow our campus’ alcohol policy. Learn more about the alcohol policy.

Do I have to purchase a parking permit?

Professional and Graduate staff members who want to have a vehicle on campus must purchase a parking permit. Green parking permits for the 18-19 academic year cost $272 and Platinum parking permits for the 18-19 academic year cost $330.  This price is expected to increase slightly next year.

Are there opportunities to get involved on campus outside of my assistantship responsibilities?

We encourage our Graduate Assistants to explore other ways to be involved and contribute to the campus community. Many of our Graduate Assistants have served on campus and department committees, worked with campus partners, and have sought out internships in other offices. 

As a Graduate Assistant, am I ever On-Duty or On-Call?

Our Professional Staff hold On Duty and On Call responsibilities. Currently our Graduate Staff do not have On Duty or On Call responsibilities.