Cancelling HousingPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/cancel.html
- Spring housing reservations may be cancelled via the Contract Cancellation Request Form until January 4, 2018. Cancellations are not accepted after January 4, 2018. $200 of the $250 prepayment is refundable if your cancellation is received (or postmarked) by December 8, 2017.
- Fall housing reservations may be cancelled via the Contract Cancellation Request Form until August 16, 2017. Cancellations are not accepted after August 16, 2017. $200 of the $250 prepayment is refundable if your cancellation is received (or postmarked) by July 1, 2017.
Notice of cancellation to the Admissions, Financial Aid, Business or Registrar's Office or to other University offices does not constitute notice of cancellation of this Contract to the Department of Residential Life.
- Contract Cancellation Request
- Cancel via the Online Housing Application (only if you've not yet been assigned a room)
Beginning the first day the halls are open each semester, residents can request release from their Housing Contract during the academic semester. Such releases are subject to the approval of the Director of Residential Life or his/her designee. Such releases will be considered for the following reasons:
- Non-admission, withdrawal, dismissal or graduation from the University.
- Serious medical or health problem which impedes Resident's ability to fulfill the terms of the Residence Hall Contract.
- Marriage during the Contract term.
- Affiliation with Minnesota State University, Mankato programs that are away from the Mankato campus (ie. internships, practicum, etc.)
Written documentation for all of these releases is required by the Director of Residential Life or his/her designee. Releases for the above reasons will include the following costs:
- A prorated weekly charge for the period of time that a room was assigned and available to the resident.
- A charge for food service assigned and available to resident.
- A $30 administrative charge.
If you are reinstated or re-enrolled after release for non-admission, withdrawal or dismissal during the term of the Contract, you will be required to fulfill the balance of the Contract.
Release requests for the entire Fall Semester received less than 21 days prior to the end of Fall Semester may be subject to a late charge of $20.