Julia Sears Move-In InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/move_in/move_in_fall/juliasears_movein.html
All vehicles are unloaded in Lot 11A. Do not park on the curb at West Road.
Enter the unloading zone from the south end of campus.
Instructions for August 20, 2020
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
15-Minute Unloading Zone (Lot 11 and 11A)
- Move Crew volunteers will help unload your belongings to the curb of Lot 11 and 11A (across from Julia Sears). They can also help watch your belongings when vehicles are moved away from the unloading zone. Move Crew volunteers work until approximately 3 p.m.
- Vehicles should not be left unattended when parked in an unloading zone beyond the student getting their room key.
- No trailers are allowed in Lot 11A. Go to the designated unloading area in Lot 11.
- As soon as your vehicle is unloaded, please move it to the designated long-term parking lots (Lots 1, 20). This will help ensure others get moved in quickly as well.
- Vehicles that take up more than one parking stall must be moved to Lot 1 or Lot 20 after unloading and cannot stay in Lot 11.
- Vehicles with handicap permits may park in Lot 11 in the designated location.
Check-in and Room Key Pickup
The student goes to the check-in table to pick up their key while family and/or friends begin to unload personal belongings.
- Students need to bring a picture ID to check-in (a driver's license or MavCARD will work!)
- To check-in, enter the Julia Sears lobby and follow the signs.
- A limited number of flatbeds will be available for check-out. These are available at the tent located by Lot 11A.
- Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
- Shuttles run from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The Julia Sears shuttle picks up and drops off from the west curb in front of Julia Sears and Lots 1, 20, and in front of Preska on Maywood.
New Student and Family Dinner
- Stop by the University Dining Center from 4 to 6 p.m. for dinner.
- For students, this is the first meal covered by your meal plan so all you need to bring is your MavCARD to eat. For friends and family, your student may use any of their three guest meals to pay for your admission (or you may pay the $9 door rate). Children five and under are free.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, Gold lots/spaces, or facility stalls.
- After 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 20, students and guests can park in Green lots without a permit through 6 p.m. Sunday, August 23.
- Vehicles parked in lot 11 or 11A beginning Friday, August 21 without a valid Gold permit will be ticketed.