Julia Sears Move-In Information
Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/move_in/move_in_fall/juliasears_movein.html
All vehicles are unloaded in Lot 11 and 11A.
Do Not Park On The Curb At West Road.
Instructions for August 21, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Back to Move-In Page
20-Minute Unloading Zone (Lot 11A)
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended until it is unloaded and moved away from the 20-minute unloading zone!
- Move Crew will help unload your vehicle and they can help watch belongings when vehicles are moved away from the unloading zone.
- Move Crew volunteers will work until approximately 3:00 p.m.
Check-in and Room Key Pickup
- Students need to bring a picture ID to check in.
- To check-in, enter the Julia Sears lobby and follow the signs.
- A limited number of flatbeds are available for check-out. These are available at the tent located by Lot 11A.
- Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
You’re Unloaded, Now What?
- Please move your car as soon as it is unloaded so the next student and their family can unload in this area. (check out the [PDF] move-in map (2 MiB))
- Julia Sears residents and guests: Move vehicles to Lot 1, 2 or 20.
- Vehicles that take up more than one parking stall: These vehicles must be moved to Lot 20.
- Vehicles with handicap permits can park in Lot 11.
- Shuttles run from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- The Julia Sears shuttle picks up and drops off from the west curb in front of Julia Sears and Lots 2, 20 and in front of Preska on Maywood.
New Student and Family BBQ
- Stop by the Myers Field House from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for dinner.
- This is a “meal plan” dinner for students; Family members can pay at the event.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, gold lots/spaces, or facility stalls.
- Vehicles parked in lot 11 or 11A beginning Friday, August 22 without a valid permit will be ticketed.
- After 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 21, 2014, students and visitors can park in Green lots without a permit through Sunday, August 24.