Preska Move-In InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/new/move_in/move_in_fall/preska_movein.html
When you arrive, please enter the Staging Area in Lot 16. As space becomes available, Parking staff will direct vehicles to the Unloading Zone at the Preska curb on Ellis Avenue.
DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO THE PRESKA CURB ON ELLIS AVENUE!
Instructions for Thursday, August 22, 2019
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
15-Minute Unloading Zone (Ellis Curb)
- Move Crew volunteers will help unload your belongings to the curb outside of Preska. They can also help watch your belongings when vehicles are moved away from the unloading zone. Move Crew volunteers work until approximately 3 p.m.
- Vehicles should not be left unattended when parked in an unloading zone beyond the student getting their room key.
- No trailers are allowed in this unloading zone. Go to the designated unloading area in Lot 16.
- As soon as your vehicle is unloaded, please move it to designated long-term parking in Lots 20 and 21 by exiting south on Ellis Avenue, proceeding east on Maywood Avenue, and turning south on Warren Street.
- Vehicles that take up more than one parking stall must be moved to Lot 20 or Lot 21 after unloading and cannot stay in Lot 16.
- Vehicles with handicap permits may park in Lot 16 in the designated location.
Check-In and Room Key Pickup
The student goes to the check-in table to pick up their key while family and/or friends begin to unload personal belongings.
- Students need to bring a picture ID to check in (a driver's license or MavCARD will work!)
- To check-in, enter the Preska Lobby and follow the signs.
- A limited number of flatbeds will be available for check-out.
- Students or family members may check these out with an ID.
- Shuttles will run from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The McElroy/Preska shuttle picks up and drops off from the bus shelters on Maywood (in front of Preska), Lots 2 and 20, and in front of Julia Sears.
New Student and Family Dinner
- Stop by the University Dining Center from 4 to 6 p.m. for dinner.
- For students, this is the first meal covered by your meal plan so all you need to bring is your MavCARD to eat. For friends and family, the cost is $9 per person and tickets can be purchased at the door. Children five and under are free.
To Avoid Ticketing and Towing
- Do not park in barricaded areas, handicap stalls, areas blocked with cones, yellow spaces, Gold lots/spaces or facility stalls.
- After 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 22, students and guests can park in Green lots without a permit through Sunday, August 25.