SafetyPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/policies/safety/safety.html
Safety and Security
Safety and security entail certain responsibilities for all of us. The Department's responsibilities in providing for your safety and security are described throughout this page. Your responsibilities in supporting a safe and secure environment in the residence communities include:
- Making sure your belongings are covered by insurance, either under your guardian's policy or your own.
- Ensuring that your room is secure by closing the door until it's latched.
- Being alert when walking around after dark and using the "Safe Walk" service by University Security.
- Reporting lost keys immediately to Residential Life or University Security Staff.
- Cooperating with University personnel and their designees.
Students are required to live in the room to which they have been assigned and may not access (or allow guests to access) additional rooms (including additional resident rooms within their living unit) without the permission of the room resident or the Department of Residential Life.
A number of security measures are taken to assist students in maintaining a safe residence hall environment.
- All student room doors have peepholes so students can see who is at their door before opening it.
- Community Bathrooms are locked 24 hours a day so that only residents of that floor can gain entry.
- Access to residential floors is limited to only residents and their escorted guests from 9 a.m. to midnight Sunday - Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. The implementation of any visitation policy is contingent upon roommates' permission to allow guests, adherence to the guest policy and the Minnesota State Mankato Statement of Student Responsibilities.
- MavCARDS provide entry to Crawford and McElroy for residents of Crawford and McElroy, for Julia Sears residents to enter Julia Sears and for Preska residents to enter Preska.
- Security programs and access hours are subject to change.