Bike Repair Stations
For you who bicycle, three bicycle repair stations are being installed across campus. These free standing units have all of the tools needed for basic bicycle repair, including air pumps. They will be conveniently located and accessible 24 hours per day. One bike repair station is located between Preska Residence Community and Carkoski Commons.
Bike Repair Pole Detailed Description
Grilled, frozen and refrigerated foods, in addition to convenience items, can be purchased in both Chet's Place (located in Carkoski Commons behind the Dining Hall) or in The 1872 Grill (located on the main floor in Julia Sears) using Flex Dollars, cash or credit card.
All students living in the residence communities have Flex Dollars or meals that can be converted to Flex Dollars. Using Flex Dollars, you can make purchases in all University Dining Services locations. Whenever your balance runs low, you you can add Flex Dollars to your account.
The front desk is the "hub" of each residence community. The desk is staffed throughout the day and evening. Students who have questions or need assistance and cannot determine to whom they should direct their inquiry should seek assistance at the front desk.
Don't Break Your Washer! Please do not use the 3-in-1 laundry sheets in the residence hall washing machines. They get caught in the washer drains, and then the washer is out of service. Please use only liquid "he" detergent.
At Minnesota State University, Mankato, Residential Life practices a "green" philosophy when it is safe and economical for our residents and community. Students are also encouraged to "Live Green."
- We sort and process trash so that less than 4% of our residential community and dining trash goes to a landfill!
- Over 20,000 plastic water bottles per month are no longer being deposited in landfills because of our water bottle filler stations available in each residential community lobby.
- Save energy by turning off your lights when you leave your room.
- Let you laptop hibernate when not in use.
- Unplug your chargers when not in use.
All beds in Crawford, McElroy, Julia Sears and Preska will be lofted when you arrive on campus. All beds in these rooms have adjustable heights and may be bunked. Stadium Heights beds cannot be lofted.
Wooden Bed Instructions - Please complete a maintenance request (MR)
Metal Bed Instructions - Please complete a maintenance request if you are unable to make your bed modifications.
Each residence hall room has an assigned mailbox which is located in the front lobby of the residence community. Students living in Crawford will receive a combination which opens their mailbox. Students living in McElroy, Julia Sears and Preska can open their mailbox with their room key. Stadium Heights apartments have a separate key for their mailbox.
Address all mail using the student's name as listed in the University directory and a complete address using the proper format, room number, and street address.
Address formats for each residence hall, including their unique street numbers and zip codes, are available here.
If a student hasn't received some mail you sent them:
- For parcels, the student should contact the shipper using appropriate tracking or insurance numbers
- Address all mail using the student's name as listed in the University directory. This is particularly important when mailing items purchased from another vendor, such as an online merchant.
- Do not use parents' or others' names in the "Ship To" field on such parcels.
- Please refer to the address information above for specifics on how to address packages to student residents.
If you are missing U.S.P.S. mail or your mail arrived damaged go to www.mnsu.edu/reslife/addressformats.html.
Students can use the online Maintenance Request form through our website to make a request or report a concern. Your assistance in reporting maintenance or custodial conditions in a room or common area is very important to us!
Repair workers and General Maintenance Workers (GMWs) ensure buildings are maintained and public areas are kept clean. They also work to resolve maintenance requests.
Most students use cellular phones for their personal communication needs. Local (wired) phone service can be made available in rooms through the local telephone service company.
For details and rates, please visit:
View additional information about phone service under “Residential Services."