Residential Life NewsletterPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/newsletters/news_03_30_14.html
March 30, 2014
News and Dates
Request Your Specific Room for 2014-2015 On-Campus Living by Monday, March 31!
Current students have priority over new students and may request rooms in any residence community, including apartments, until MARCH 31, 2014. Room types are assigned first-come first-served by application date. Current residents are invited to view our 360 degree videos to help you see your options. Contact the Residential Life office and APPLY TODAY!
When you sign up online, you may hold the space in your living unit for another current student who has not yet signed up. A requested roommate space can be held through May 20. After May 20, the hold will be released and another student will be assigned to the room.
Stadium Heights apartment tours are available Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Tours begin at the Residential Life Stadium Heights Office. Call 507-388-5167 NOW to make your tour appointment with Mary or Wendi.
Important details about applying for Summer 2014 Housing, the assignment process, and different housing options are now online. Reserve a space in Summer Housing in the Department of Residential Life Office from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday - Friday.
Look for the Ideal Roommate; Try RoomSync via Facebook
RoomSync is free and available to students who have made a Minnesota State Mankato on-campus housing reservation for next year. Upperclass, returning and transfer students are maintained separate from first-year students.
Convert Your Maverick 160 Meals to Flex Dollars by April 30
Maverick 160 meals can be converted into Flex Dollars at a rate of $5.25 per meal, two times each semester. Your converted Flex Dollars can be utilized at any dining location on campus at any time of the day. Converted Flex Dollars not used by the end of the semester are forfeited.
There are three ways you can convert:
- Complete and submit the form electronically.
- Download, print, complete, and submit a Convert Maverick 160 Plan Meals to Flex Dollars form
- Stop by our office at 111 Carkoski Commons to complete a Convert Maverick 160 Plan Meals to Flex Dollars form.
Please allow up to three business days from the time your change is submitted for Maverick 160 Converted Flex Dollars to be available through your MavCARD.
Events and Info
Are you involved in a student organization on campus? If so, please share with them that the Department of Residential Life is seeking student organizations to assist in the unloading of vehicles as a part of Stomper Move Crew on Thursday, August 21, 2014. Together students, faculty and staff form the "Stomper Move Crew" that annually helps unload vehicles, helps direct traffic and welcomes new students and their families to our campus.
Stomper Move Crew volunteers receive a t-shirt to wear during their shift. Most importantly, volunteers receive the undying gratitude of students, parents, and families on this important and meaningful day.
- Each volunteer will receive a Stomper Move Crew t-shirt
- Each group/ team / organization with at least 5 volunteers will be eligible for one of four $75 prizes
- Each group/ team / organization with at least 10 volunteers will be eligible for one of two $100 prizes
An organization representative should contact Torin Akey, Associate Director of Residential Life, at email@example.com or 507-389-1011 by May 30.
Information needed from volunteers includes:
- T-shirt sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL)
- Shift preference: Volunteers are needed from 7:45 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Entire shifts are: 7:45 a.m. -11:45 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- If you can’t make an entire shift, but could help for a couple hours, that will work!
- Summer contact person including phone and email address