1. CLOSE and LOCK your windows.
2. Remove all room trash.
3. Return all To-Go Meal containers to the Carkoski Dining Hall.
4. Turn off the alarm on your clock.
5. Close blinds if on the first floor.
6. Turn off and un-plug your computer and electronics.
7. Turn off the lights.
8. CLOSE and LOCK your room door.
A staff member will be checking your room on Wednesday to help secure the building. If policy violations are observed while staff are securing the building, staff will document the violation and will follow up when the resident returns.
Register at your community front desk by Friday, November 22. There is no charge to stay on-campus during Thanksgiving Break.
All artificial trees, holiday lights, and decorations must be removed from public areas prior to the beginning of Winter Break.
Decorations - Decorations may cover up to 20 percent of the exterior surface of a student’s room door.
Lights - Holiday lights, including rope lights, may be displayed in student rooms and community lounges.
Trees - Artificial holiday trees and greens may be placed in student rooms and community lounges.
Menorahs - Electric menorahs may be placed in student rooms and community lounges.
The communities close for Winter Break at 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 13. The communities reopen at 8:00 a.m. Friday, January 10.
10:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. Sunday, December 8 - Join us in the Carkoski Dining Hall for a late night breakfast!
Xbox One winner: Benjamin Thao
Pizza Party winners: Crawford C1, Julia Sears South Gold 3, McElroy E2, Preska I1, Stadium Heights 711
Your StarID will take the place of your current username beginning December 19. Following the conversion, you will use your StarID to log into services that currently request your username.
1. Before December 19, activate your StarID. You will need your TechID and social security number to activate your StarID, or you can submit the personal email address you have on file at the University to receive a verification code.
2. Click on and follow the instructions on the page. Set or change your StarID password to one you have NEVER used before.
3. Change your CAMPUS login password (my.mnsu.edu/account) to match your new StarID password. This will make the transition smoother for you.
You can also receive StarID SMS Text Reminders by texting "STARID" TO 69310. (Standard text messaging rates may apply.)
On December 19 at 1:00 a.m., ITS will automatically convert your username to your StarID. Some settings on mobile devices (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) will likely need to be reconfigured. These include MavNET Wireless, ResNet (residence community wireless), your email client (if you use one), MavPRINT, and others. Visit mnsu.edu/starid for more information about how to reconfigure applications on your devices.
The Residential Life Leadership Experience
fall session ended this week with a celebration at
Elk's Nature Center. Thanks to all who were involved!
If you were unable to attend the fall 2013 session
there will be a spring 2014 session. Watch for posters
and E-newsletter articles for dates and times.