Summer ConferencesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/summer_conferences/summer_conferences.html
Residential Life provides accommodations for conferences, camps, and academic programs for participants of all ages. From approximately late May through the first few days of August, we offer a variety of housing and dining options such as:
- Rooms in residence halls that can accommodate up to approximately 1,500 guests.
- Air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned rooms.
- Linen service.
- Residence halls are located within a 5 to 10 minute walk from meeting rooms, athletic facilities, and the University Dining Center.
- Meeting rooms for small gatherings and presentations.
- Computer labs.
- Personalized catering ranging from snacks, boxed meals, and picnics, to upscale dinners.
Billing invoices will be sent out after your stay. The invoice will include charges for meals, linens, lock outs, lost keys, and/or damages.
Invoices are due within 30 days of the billing date.
The Summer Operations Coordinator will work with you to help plan your stay.
The following information will be needed to create a contract:
- Check-in/Check-out dates and times
- Number of rooms needed (including room type)
NOTE: Guaranteed minimums can be amended up to 14 days prior to arrival.
The 2019 Summer Conference season is May 24 - August 4.
- Meals are available through the University Dining Center.
- Meal times are determined by University Dining and are not negotiable.
- 2019 meal times have not been determined. 2018 meal times were:
- Breakfast: 8-9 a.m.
- Lunch: 12-1 p.m.
- Dinner: 5-6 p.m.
- Conference groups may choose which meals they want to eat in the University Dining Center (for example: lunch one day, breakfast and dinner the next day, etc.)
- Meals are arranged through the Summer Operations Coordinator.
|Total Daily Rate||$25.38|
Linens are available for guests staying in the residence halls for an additional charge. Linens should be requested at the time of booking. Linens are $8.25 per set.
Linen service includes a fitted sheet, flat sheet, blanket, pillow, pillowcase, bath towel, hand towel, and washcloth.
Guests may park in green stalls in Lots 1, 2, 14, or 16. Click here for a map!
- At least one adult counselor will be housed on a floor for every sixteen (16) participants or portion thereof between the ages of 13 and 18. Based on gender of the campers, the counselor may be required to use a bathroom on a different floor.
- At least one adult counselor will be housed on a floor for every eight (8) participants or portion thereof under the age of 13. Based on gender of the campers, the counselor may be required to use a bathroom on a different floor.
- At least one adult counselor will be on-site and available in the residence hall from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Adult counselors are encouraged to periodically tour the residence hall to monitor the behavior of participants.
- At least one adult counselor will be on-site and available in the dining facility during meal periods.
- A roster of adult counselors is to be submitted to the Summer Operations Coordinator prior to check-in.
- An emergency cell phone number must be provided to the Summer Operations Coordinator prior to check-in.
- The alcohol and drug policy applies to all conference guests.
- Groups will be billed for any damages that are caused.
- Excessive cleaning charges will be billed to conference groups.
- Lockouts are $5 each and will be billed to the conference group.
- Lost keys are $50 and will be billed to the conference group.
- Lost access cards are $5 each and will be billed to the conference group.
We expect summer rates to be finalized in February/March 2019.
- We offer a variety of single and double room options in Basic Rooms, Renovated Rooms, and Semi-Suites.
- Preska Residence Community will be used for Summer Orientation and Crawford Residence Community will be used for Summer Housing. Most summer conferences will be housed in Julia Sears and McElroy Residence Communities.
- All rooms are furnished with twin-sized beds at waist height. Beds can be lowered to the ground upon request.
- Furnishings may not be removed from the room, lounges, or other areas.
- Floor lounges and kitchens are available for camps to use.
- Rooms are equipped with:
- Desk + Chair
- Shared Closet Space
Now that you've had a chance to review this information, here are your next steps.
- Determine which type of room you would like.
- Determine how many guests will you have (include campers and counselors).
- Determine if your group will require linens.
- Determine if your group will need meals.
- Determine your check-in/check-out dates and times.
- Contact the Summer Operations Coordinator to begin planning.
|Contract is Created & Sent Out||By Summer Operations Coordinator|
|Contract is Signed and Returned||By Client|
|30 Days Before Arrival||Cancellation Deadline|
|3 Weeks Before Arrival||Summer Operations Coordinator requests camper/counselor roster and room assignments|
|14 Days Before Arrival||Deadline to amend guaranteed minimums|
|7 Days Before Arrival||Roster, room assignments, and emergency contact due to Summer Operations Coordinator|
|Camp Departs||Billing invoice sent out. Full payment due within 30 days of billing date.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a minimum number of people who need to stay? No.
- Are there any common area spaces available on the floor for gathering? Yes, there is an air-conditioned floor lounge on each floor available.
Nicole Eastman: Program Advisor & Summer Operations Coordinator
Phone: (507) 389-1013