The following provisions will be used as a guideline to insure an organized and successful event:
- Group must provide full-time staff coverage during the entire event.
- Contact information of this supervisor must be given to University Scheduling & Conference Services a week prior to the event. A Building Manager and additional staff, if necessary, will be assigned at $10 per hour. This will be the expense of the sponsoring department or organization. Any Security services required will be billed at $28.50 per hour.
- Set Up Information ( two weeks in advance)
- An approved diagram of room set up, staging diagram, and anticipated sound and lighting needs must be presented two weeks in advance of the event. If this information is not received, last year’s set up information will be used. There will be a reset charge for any changes made.
- Absolutely no open flame candles. Floating candles and candles in glass containers are allowed.
- Any changes must be communicated to University Scheduling & Conference Services through the staff supervisor assigned to the event.
- No major changes to the approved set up will be allowed the night of the rehearsal or the event.
- Only CSU staff will handle CSU equipment and furnishings.
- Technical (one week in advance)
- One week prior to your event, Scheduling will need a list of your events (program).
- Outside equipment will not be permitted to be commingled with CSU equipment. However, if an event requires additional equipment, that equipment must be rented locally and independent of the student union equipment. There will be no modifications to the Student Union Sound System Set Up!
- A sound and lighting technician will be assigned for each event.
- Only CSU staff will be allowed to handle CSU sound and lighting equipment.
- Clean Up
- All linen and skirting must be left on the tables.
- All trash (including food) should be removed from the tables and placed in plastic garbage bags and placed in the gray rolling containers that will be provided. Union staff will take care of emptying the rolling containers. No food items are to be deposited in the black waste containers in the ballroom!
- Any and all decorations must be removed and taken the night of the event; any left will be disposed of in three business days
No alcohol or smoking is allowed in the Student Union. If any evidence of this is found, it will be turned over to Judicial Affairs.