Solicitation Policy for: Credit Cards, Charge Cards, Phone Cards, Cell Phones, Etc. at Minnesota State University, Mankato
These criteria and procedures are adopted by the Centennial Student Union Board of Directors and the Student Union Administration of Minnesota State University, Mankato to govern the solicitation by companies with the purpose of involving MSU campus community members in contract relationships. This includes, but is not limited to, credit cards, phone cards and cell phones. All agents or representatives (including Student Organizations) who desire to do business at the Centennial Student Union shall meet the following criteria:
- The Company agrees that no gifts, giveaways, and/or other incentives will be available to entice individuals to enter into contracts with the company for their service. The individuals must choose to enter a contract relationship based on the service benefits only.
- The Company must inform students of any and all obligations and possible effects that misuse of the contracted service may have on them through a proper visual display in their lobby space.
- The Company shall only solicit in those areas designated by the University.
- Advertising (posters, flyers, newspaper or other) shall in no way indicate or imply university sponsorship or endorsement of the company or services.
- The Company shall abide by any and all policies of the university, as well as state and city laws.
- The Company will pay the full current lobby space rental fee for solicitation. This must be paid prior to set up. There is not a discount for co-sponsoring with a student organization, department, etc.
- Only one service Solicitation Company can reserve space in the Centennial Student Union per day. Each company is limited to no more than five days per semester. The only space that will be reserved for contract seeking vendors is lobby space I (near the ATM machines).
- If the Director and/or the Director’s designee receives three or more complaints in writing on any given day the Company will be asked to leave and all future reservations for the school year, the period from the first day of classes for Fall semester until the end of the Spring semester, will be cancelled.
- If it is determined that any of the above policies are being broken, the Company will be asked to leave and all future reservations for the school year will be cancelled.
- The Student Union will not store any materials used for solicitation.
No Show / Non-Cancellation Fees
- Due to the high demand for meeting and performance space in the Centennial Student Union, groups not canceling a reserved space within the prescribed time frame will be subject to a non-cancellation fee or related labor charges.
Rooms requiring Special Set-ups
- Rooms requiring special set-ups must be canceled 3 working days in advance of the event. A $10.00 non-cancellation fee or incurred set-up charges, whichever is greater, will be assessed.
Rooms that have Standard Set-ups
- Rooms that have a “standard” set-up must be canceled one working day in advance.
- Campus groups and departments will be allowed one warning per academic term without charge.
A copy of the signed agreement will be faxed or mailed prior to the time of the reservation. University Scheduling and Conference Services must receive a signed copy of this agreement before a lobby space will be set up on the date reserved.
Relationships Between Vendors And Student Organizations Of Minnesota State University, Mankato (Revised 10/2001)
The following procedures apply to Service Contract Companies who wish to co-sponsor with Student Organizations.
The company will provide a written contract to the Student Organization to include the following:
- Expectations the company has of the Student Organization
- Expectations the Student Organization has of the company
- Financial agreement including date and type of payment to the organization, as well as signature, address and telephone number of the responsible party representing the company
- The company shall have a representative of the Student Organization sponsoring the solicitation present at the table for the duration of the reservation
- The rental fee for the lobby space for solicitation will be paid by the company and is not to come from the students’ commissions
Companies will be prohibited from soliciting at MSU for failing to meet these criteria. These guidelines shall be administered by the Director of the Centennial Student Union or the Directors Designee and in consultation with the Union Board.