Free 4U at MSU!Page address: http://www.mnsu.edu/shs/clinic/free4u.html
If you are a student, chances are very good that you could be getting these birth control services at absolutely no cost to you:
- Annual exam (pelvic, Pap smear, breast exam, blood pressure & other vital signs)
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) identified during an annual exam or a family planning appointment.
- Birth control-the pill, the shot, the ring and condoms.
- Emergency contraception
- Family planning education
You can enroll at MSU Student Health Services if you:
- Are a registered MSU Mankato Student
- Are between 15 and 50 years of age
- Are a Minnesota resident
- Are a U.S. citizen
- Are not pregnant
- Are not enrolled in Medical Assistance (MA), MinnesotaCare, or another state-funded program
- Earn no more than the monthly income limits below
Monthly Income Limits
|Family Size||Monthly Income Limit|
|1 person (you)||$1,702|
|2 persons (you + spouse or child)||$2,282|
|3 persons (you + 2 family members)||$2,862|
|4 persons (you + 3 family members)||$3,442|
The income limit is your gross monthly wages before taxes are taken out of your paycheck. If you're a student, your parent's income is not a factor in determining your eligibility. If you own property such as a house or car, these assets do not count against you. And if you have private health insurance, it does not affect your eligibility.
How to Enroll
You can sign up at MSU Student Health Service Medical Clinic. It takes less than 5 minutes and we will help you with the paperwork. If you qualify, your enrollment will be effective on the spot and you will be guaranteed for 2 months of coverage. To qualify for coverage past the 2 months, you must provide the state with:
- Proof of your income, if you are employed. Paystub(s) within the last 30 days or letter from your employer verifying your monthly wages.
- Proof of citizenship. A copy of your birth certificate. Immigration documents are accepted in place of a birth certificate. We can provide you with a website to obtain your birth certificate for a fee if needed.
Your Privacy is Important
- MSU SHS follows all state and federal privacy laws and is completely confidential.
- You do not need anyone's consent to enroll.
- MSU SHS Medical Clinic records are not part of your academic record.
- We do not ask for information about your parent's income.
MSU SHS at 389-6276 or 389-6710. We'll be happy to answer your questions and provide you the services you need.
MFPP (Minnesota Family Planning Program) is a federal grant to prevent unplanned pregnancies.