Infectious Disease InformationPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/shs/idinformation.html
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 4, 2020 - Minnesota State University, Mankato recently launched a website with answers to frequently asked questions about COVID-19.
Student Health Services is closely monitoring the situation while working with public health officials and university administration.
To stay up to date on the coronavirus, visit:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. However, the CDC recommends that everyone take everyday preventative actions such as:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Please do not show up at a clinic, urgent care, emergency room or other health facility without calling first. Your provider will need to take special measures to protect other people in the clinic.