Pharmacy FAQ'sPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/shs/pharmacyfaqs.html
How do I fill a new prescription?
- You can bring your written prescription to the Student Health Services Pharmacy.
- Your doctor can call, fax, or electronically submit your prescription to us:
- Phone: 507-389-2483
- Fax: 507-389-2206
- Electronic Script: Health Services Pharmacy with Minnesota State Mankato University address
- If you are a new patient you will be asked to provide a medical history and insurance information.
- We accept prescriptions from your hometown doctor or you can see one of our medical providers.
- If you want us to submit your prescription to your health insurance, bring your most current pharmacy insurance card to the pharmacy.
How do I refill a prescription?
- If your prescription was originally filled at the Student Health Services Pharmacy and is authorized for refills, you have three options:
- Request your refill online.
- Call 24-hours a day at 507-389-2483
- Leave your name, prescription number, name of medication, and quantity on voicemail.
- Walk your prescription number or container to the Student Health Services Pharmacy and wait while it is filled.
How do I transfer a prescription from another pharmacy?
- If your prescription was originally filled at another pharmacy and has been authorized for refills, a Student Health Services Pharmacist can call to have your prescription transferred to the Student Health Services Pharmacy.
- You must bring the original container or supply the following information to the Pharmacist
- name and phone number of the previous pharmacy
- prescription number and/or name of the medication
- Please allow 24 hours for a prescription transfer.
How do I pay for my prescription/copay?
- Charges for prescriptions may be posted to your student account or you can pay at the time you pick up your prescription.
- All charges to your account must be paid within 30 days.
- You will be given an itemized bill when you pick up your prescription.
Does the Student Health Services Pharmacy accept insurance plans?
- The Student Health Services Pharmacy accepts many insurance plans.
- You must present your current prescription insurance card at the time of service.
- You will receive an insurance-ready receipt if you do not have your insurance information.
What if my medication is not in stock?
- If a medication is not stocked in the Student Health Services Pharmacy, a pharmacist may be able to special order it for you. Please check with our Pharmacy staff for further details.
Is my prescription information kept confidential?
- Prescription information, like your other medical information, is confidential and will not be provided to your parents, spouse, partner, or anyone else without your written permission, except as allowed by law.
- For this reason, we will not accept a request to refill or pick up a prescription by a third party.
- If you want someone else to pick up your prescription for you, you must call us to request the refill and provide the name of the person that will be picking it up.
- Processing a prescription insurance claim may require communication of information to the insured party. For example, if you are covered under your parent's insurance policy, names of medications that you receive that are processed by the insurance company may be listed on a statement sent to your parents. Insurance policy provisions allow this.
Do you carry over-the-counter medication?
- Yes! Student Health Services Pharmacy offers a variety of over-the-counter medications for students, faculty and staff, many of them below retail prices. We can also special order items by request.