SANE ExamsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/shs/saneexams.html
Sexual Assault Nurse Exams
Student Health Services is committed to taking an active stance in survivor-focused health care and offers a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) to support any student, regardless of gender identity, who is a survivor of sexual assault. By offering exams, sexual assault survivors can be in familiar surroundings with a caring clinician. Survivors can continue seeing a Student Health Services clinician for any other health exam as well, allowing for a continuum of care for the survivor that includes sensitivity to their experience.
- The SANE program is available on campus during regular clinic hours.
- A qualified Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner is on staff at Student Health Services
- You do not have to report the assault to have an examination.
- Examinations are available to all students, regardless of gender identity.
- Your visit with the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner is completely confidential.
- The SANE program facilitates access to sexual assault resources on and off campus including the Violence Awareness and Response Program and the Committee Against Domestic Assault (CADA).
- You will always be treated in a sensitive and caring manner.
Call the Student Health Services Nurse Line at 507-389-6710 with questions or 507-389-6276 to make an appointment.