Wound CarePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/shs/woundcare.html
Keep wound and dressings dry and clean. To remove old blood or drainage, use mild soap and pat gently. Rinse with water.
- Do Not Rub.
- Do not keep moist bandages over sutures or wounds.
- If steri–strips were used instead of stitches, keep them as dry as possible. Let the strips loosen on their own. Do not remove. They will loosen in 5 to 7 days.
Make an appointment to be seen if you notice any of the following:
- Increasing tenderness or redness
- Increasing swelling
- Pus draining from the wound
- If the steri-strips loosen before the wound looks healed,
Appointments can be scheduled by calling 507-389-6276.