StarIDPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/starid/
The StarID is a username for use at all the institutions within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. If you are using your StarID for the first time and/or do not have a password, you will first need to activate your STarID and create your password.
Use your StarID to log in to most Minnesota State Mankato services, including:
- MavNET Wireless Network
- D2L Brightspace (Desire2Learn)
- Classroom, public lab, and kiosk computers
- New Student Orientation Registration
- New Student Enrollment Confirmation
Common StarID Questions
I've forgotten my password or it has expired. Where can I change it?
I'm a student using my StarID for the first time or I've never set a password for it. Where do I start?
- Activate your StarID.
- Click on Activate StarID and follow the instructions on the page.
- Set or change your StarID password to one you have NEVER used before.
My StarID and password used to work and now it doesn't. What should I do?
Which identifier should I use to activate my StarID or reset the password?
Students can use one of three identifiers to either activate their StarID or change their password:
- TechID and SSN: If you know your TechID and the University has your Social Security Number (SSN) in your student record, this is a good way to activate your StarID. Current students can find their TechID on their MavCARD.
Read more about activating your StarID or changing your password with your TechID and SSN
- Library Card Barcode and SSN: If you have a MavCARD and the University has your SSN in your student record, you can use the barcode number listed on your MavCARD.
- Personal Email Address: Enter the email address you provided the University initially or if you are a current student you can also enter your email address ending in mnsu.edu. If the email address you enter is on file, you will be sent a verification code to that email address.
Read more about activating your StarID with a personal e-mail address
I can't get in no matter what I try. What should I do next?
Contact the IT Solutions Center for help