Minnesota State University Mankato's Mission
Minnesota State University, Mankato promotes learning through effective undergraduate and graduate teaching, scholarship, and research in service to the state, the region and the global community.
Student Affairs advances the mission by:
- Fostering learning and development
- Supporting student success
- Preparing students to be leaders in a global society
Minnesota State Mankato will be known as a university where people expect to go further than they thought possible by combining knowledge and the passion to achieve great things. Our foundation for this vision is our heritage of both dedicated teaching and the direct application of knowledge to improve a diverse community and world. We will achieve it by actively nurturing the passion within students, faculty and staff to push beyond possibility on the way to realizing dreams.
Minnesota State University, Mankato is an innovative, student-centered learning community that values:
- Integrity and respect in the way we conduct ourselves;
- Diversity in who we are and what we do;
- Access to our programs and services that create opportunities for all to pursue their dreams;
- Responsibility to those we serve by providing an education that inspires solutions to society's challenges, and
- Excellence in our academic and non-academic pursuits.
Statement of Goals
Be a leader in nationally recognized enrollment management practices that increase student recruitment, retention, and timely degree completion.
Provide opportunities for students to develop attributes and transferable skills that will enable them to achieve life-long success in a global community.
Support academic success through collaboration with faculty.
Promote a diverse, engaged, and civil campus community.
Deliver effective services that use innovative technologies and value personal connections.