Incoming Exchange Student InfoPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/studyabroad/incoming.html
Welcome to Minnesota State University, Mankato!
Exchange partner institutions:
- Australia -- UniSA: University of South Australia (Adelaide)
- Austria -- IMC Fachhochscule (Krems)
- Ecuador -- University of Cuenca
- Finland -- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (Social Work Exchange in Helsinki)
- France -- Rouen Business School (Rouen)
- Germany -- Friedrich Alexander University (Erlangen/Nuremberg)
- Germany -- Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (Karlsruhe)
- Japan -- Kwassui Women's University (Nagasaki)
- South Korea -- Catholic University of Daegu
- South Korea -- University of Seoul
- Netherlands -- HAN: Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen (Arnhem)
- Northern Ireland -- Queens University, Belfast
- Norway -- Telemark University College (Telemark)
- South Africa -- University of Fort Hare
- Sweden -- Umeå University (Umeå)
- Sweden -- Högskolan i Halmstad (Halmstad)
Non-degree seeking students from other schools may study abroad at MSU by prior agreement.
GRADUATE level students may study abroad by prior agreement. Graduate students must complete the regular graduate admission process found here. Your application fee will be waived.
The following applications are intended for incoming UNDERGRADUATE visiting/exchange students (non degree-seeking students). To complete the application, please open the documents and fill them out on a computer. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. It is important for your visa papers that we have your full name spelled correctly as it appears on your passport.
March 31 for fall semester (August start date)
October 15 for spring semester (January start date)
Please read through the instructions carefully and provide all documentation listed under the Application Checklist. Application components include:
- Application Form
- Visiting/Exchange Student Statement of Understanding
- Study Abroad Coordinator Verification
- Cost Estimate Sheet
- Financial Statement
- Bank Statements
- Health Insurance Agreement
- Course Selection List
- English Proficiency Documentation
Please note: You should expect to enroll for 12-18 U.S. credits per semester. Most classes are 3 or 4 credits which equals 3 or 4 classes per semester. If you take more than 18 credits you will be required to pay the extra tuition. We do not recommend taking more than 16 credits.
When looking at classes that you would like to take, be sure to look at prerequisites that you need for a course. If you have not taken courses equivalent to the prerequisite course, you will not be able to enroll in the higher level class. Your course requests will be handled by an academic advisor, who may contact you via email if they need clarification, more information, or to make alternative suggestions.
Send completed applications with all attachments to this address:
Alternatively, applications may be printed and scanned to:
Your application materials will be processed as soon as possible after we receive them. We will send your final acceptance packet to your university coordinator. The packet will include visa request documents (DS-2019) and orientation information. While waiting for these documents, please begin making your travel arrangements and verifying and collecting the required documents to study in the United States.
MSU's academic calendar for 2014-15 is available online. Please pay close attention to start dates (below). All International Students are required to attend orientation during the week before classes begin.
Fall semester 2014 - please plan to arrive on or before Sunday, August 17th
Spring semester 2015 - please plan to arrive on or before Sunday, January 4th
Accepted Student Information
When you've been accepted to MSU as a visiting/exchange student, please explore the links below for useful information about your transition to Mankato.
- Applying for a Visa
- Mandatory orientation
- Health Insurance at MSU
- It is helpful to review the entire New Students page!