Work/Intern/Volunteer AbroadPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/studyabroad/internabroad.html
Many Minnesota State Mankato departments require internships as part of their curriculum. Interning abroad offers students an amazing opportunity to gain international experience while also earning credit toward their degrees. Let us help you - speak with the internship coordinator in your department and visit the Kearney International Center to learn more.
Here are some useful links and articles on working, interning, teaching English, and volunteering abroad:
MSU International Programs Office Partner Program Providers:
- ELAP (Experiential Learning Abroad Programs) was developed as a way to encourage college students to go abroad, contribute to community development, and experience direct interaction with local communities.
- Intrax provides customized, hands-on internships and volunteer opportunities, matching your skills and interests with those of the host community's develoment goals.
- University of Minnesota offers useful information on work abroad, volunteer abroad, and intern abroad opportunities via their website, including links to placement programs.
- World Endeavors is a Minneapolis based organization that offers several unique internships and volunteer opportunities around the world.
- AIDE Abroad offers a wide range of internship, work, teach, and volunteer opportunities worldwide.
- Alliance Abroad offers volunteer, work, and teaching programs in various countries including Peru, South Africa, New Zealand, and China. Programs last from 2 weeks to several months.
- Australearn Internships facilitates internships in Australia.
- BUNAC is a good place to start for students interested in work permits to Britain, Ireland, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. They also run an international summer camp program, as well as volunteer programs in Peru and South Africa.
- Learn French in France through C.E.I with a professional experience such as a job or internship.
- Teach abroad with CIEE in Chile, China, Dominican Republic, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Dave's ESL Cafe is a job posting board for teaching English placements at private schools.
- GoOverseas, an online social network for all things international, is a great resource for students who want to study, volunteer, teach, or intern abroad. They offer scholarships as well as program reviews from past participants.
- Idealist.org has a huge searchable database of international jobs and internships organized by geographic area, type of work, and others.
- Intrax Internships Abroad is a professional development program that will help you launch a global career.
- InterExchange offers cultural exchange programs for au pairs, work & travel, career training, camp counselors, and teaching English.
- GoAbroad.com is your one-stop internship information page. Find internships all around the world, paid and unpaid.
- OverseasJobs features international job opportunities for professionals, expatriates, and adventure seekers.
- Princeton in Asia provides talented young people with various opportunities to live and work in Asia.
- Transitions Abroad is a great source for all things international. Find resources on travel, intern, volunteer and work programs.
- From the University of Michigan's International Center, this page has general information on working abroad, appropriate regions, and tips of the trade.
- U.S. News and World Report offers an internship search engine by country.
- Work and Travel Ireland allows young people to obtain work visas for up to four months in Ireland.
- WorldTeach partners with governments and other organizations in developing countries to provide volunteer teachers to meet local needs and promote responsible global citizenship.
- World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms links volunteers with organic farmers.