National Student ExchangePage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/studyabroad/nationalstudentexchange/
The National Student Exchange (NSE) is a consortium of 200 institutions across the United States, Alaska, Hawaii as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and four provinces in Canada, which provides opportunities for undergraduate students to study for up to one academic year at another NSE member college or university. Minnesota State University, Mankato participates in NSE on what is called "Plan B" tuition payment, which allows students to pay their usual Mankato tuition and student fees rate, and this covers tuition at their chosen NSE college/university (i.e students do NOT pay tuition to both MSU and their chosen NSE college/university; they pay tuition only to MSU, but get to study at another university instead for a semester or year). In addition, Minnesota State Mankato processes financial aid for students participating in NSE programs just as it would if the student was taking classes in Mankato. It's a great deal!
- 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and at the completion of the term prior to exchange.
- Full-time student at the time of application and in the term prior to exchange.
- Good standing (academic, financial, and social/behavioral) as defined by Minnesota State Mankato.
- Be approved by the Minnesota State Mankato NSE coordinator for participation in the exchange program.
There are still some NSE campuses with Spring 2016 exchange placement availability. However, the Spring 2016 deadline for most campuses is coming up quickly on Friday, October 30, 2015. Applications are now online: NSE Application.
The 2016-2017 Priority Consideration Deadline is Friday, February 12, 2016. NO EXCEPTIONS! It is HIGHLY recommended for students considering NSE for ANY term during the 2016-17 academic year to submit an application by February 12th. Priority placements for ALL 2016-2017 terms will be decided in early-March.
Many of the most popular campuses will fill all their available 2016-17 NSE spots in early-March and will not be able to consider new participants again until March of 2017.
- Schedule a meeting with the campus NSE coordinator to discuss your program options and selection procedures. Meetings can also be scheduled by calling 507-389-1281 or stopping by the International Center at CSU 250.
- Complete the online NSE application by the appropriate deadline.
- Pay the $150 NSE application fee via personal check, cashiers check from a bank or money order. The check should be made out to "Minnesota State University, Mankato" with "NSE application fee" written on memo line
- Spring 2016 applications and payment due no later than 4:30pm Friday, October 30, 2015.
- 2016-17 (Academic Year, Fall or Spring) applications and application fee payment due no later than 4:30pm Friday, February 12, 2016.
Have questions that are not answered on this site? Visit nse.org for more information or contact the campus NSE coordinator:
Education Abroad Advisor
Kearney International Center, CSU 250
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001
Direct: 507-389-5122507-389-5122 TTY/MRS: 800-627-3529800-627-3529 or 711