Becoming a TutorPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/success/aboutus/employment.html
The Center for Academic Success is always looking for top-notch individuals to work in our student-centered facility. Our center offers tutor positions to qualified MSU students.
Tutors are at the heart of the Center for Academic Success, helping students one-on-one or in small group settings not only with what to learn, but how to learn it.
- Providing academic assistance to students seeking our services
- Prioritizing subject proficiency and knowledge; continuing to improve your own subject proficiency, academic skills, communication skills, and instructional skills
- Completing the mandatory orientation to the CAS and 5 training sessions within the first semester of employment.
- Building your tutee’s self-confidence
- Remaining student centered
- Fostering independent and autonomous learning
- Working with supervisor to set schedule and maintaining those hours throughout the semester.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 'A' grade in the class he/she will tutor (or B with faculty recommendation) and have considerable knowledge of the subject area
- Faculty recommendation
Any student meeting the above criteria is welcome to apply. Because Minnesota State Mankato values tutoring as an integral part of academic support, work-study eligibility is not required for tutoring positions. We hire student employees based on demand. If interested, please fill out this Form and turn it into our office manager in Memorial Library ML 125. In addition, please include the following documents:
- Unofficial copy of most recent transcript (including all courses taken with grades)
- Resume (if available)
- Schedule Planning Guide with current class schedule
- If applying for a Writing position, an academic writing sample