Online TutoringPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/success/academicsupport/onlinesupport.html
Unable to come to campus? Taking online courses? Try the NEW Online Writing Center!
The Center for Academic Success Online Writing Center provides tutoring for distance learners and non-traditional students who may be unable to use our on-site services. The OWC offers evening and weekend hours to fit your schedule.
We offer two services to meet your needs.
- Online Meeting - Meet with a tutor in an audio/video/chat room. Speak with the tutor and edit your document in real time. (For this option, please plan to use Firefox or Chrome as your browser.)
- eTutoring - Upload your paper and assignment sheet. Return for feedback 24 hours after your appointment.
Using the Online Writing Center
Note: Tutors can typically review 4-6 pages in one session. Give yourself time to schedule multiple sessions if you're working on a longer paper or requesting detailed feedback.
How to register and schedule an appointment:
How to access and participate in an online meeting:
To schedule your first online appointment
- Access mywco.com/mnsu
- Register for an account (Note: You must use your mnsu.edu email address and password)
- After creating your account, log in using your email address and password
- Select any white time slot to schedule that date, time and tutor
- Complete the appointment form and click Save Appointment
- Select Yes - Meet Online to meet with your tutor in an online environment
- Select Yes - Schedule eTutoring Appointment to have your paper reviewed without meeting your tutor
- Follow the instructions to attach your document
- Select Close Window
You have successfully scheduled an appointment!
If you selected Yes - Meet Online, follow the instructions below to access your meeting.
If you selected Yes - Schedule eTutoring Appointment, simply return to mywco.com/mnsu 24 hours after your appointment to view your feedback.
To access an online meeting
- Five minutes before your appointment, log in to mywco.com/mnsu (Note: We recommend using Firefox or Chrome to ensure access to all features.)
- Click your scheduled time slot to open the appointment form
- Click Start or Join Online Consultation to enter the meeting room
- Follow your tutor's instructions