Student-Athlete Academic AdvisingPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/success/advising/athletes.html
At the Center for Academic Success, we offer a service for student-athletes called pre-academic advising. We help student-athletes meet the demands of keeping up with both their sport and their studies by assisting them individually, including advising them about selecting courses that meet the requirements of both their athletic and academic programs.
- Athletes from each team meet with us prior to their actual registration during the pre-academic advising period at orientation.
- Pre-advising allows us to develop a menu of possible classes to provide the student with a schedule that gives them the opportunity to be successful both in and out of the classroom. The schedule can be shared with the student-athlete's academic advisor.
- We also offer advising for student athletes during the semester.
- Student-athletes who are taking advantage of Priority Registration will find academic advising during the semester to be very important for their academic progress.
- We offer advising on a walk-in basis. Student-athletes are encouraged to arrange appointments before hand to ensure the proper advising can be administered.