Does your level of motivation seem to be a barrier to achieving academic success? If so, check out the following tips on getting motivated:
- Take responsibility for your education.
- Tap into what motivates you. Think in terms of your short-term and long-term goals.
- Challenge yourself to achieve an academic goal by a specific date (e.g., obtain a certain GPA by the end of the semester).
- Hold yourself accountable for your academics by creating and sticking to a schedule.
- Analyze and document your progress.
- Set up immediate or long-term rewards. For example, after studying for 50 minutes allow yourself a 10-minute break. Celebrate your successes.
- Ask yourself if you are prepared to deal with the consequences if you do not get motivated.
- Learn from your mistakes and see "failure" as an opportunity to grow.