TelecommunicationsPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/telecomm/
VoIP Phone System for MSU
- Phones are available for faculty and staff that includes voicemail service.
- VoIP (Voice over IP) phones utilize the network for voice communication rather than phone wiring.
- Special services are also available for employees that are hearing impared.
- Conference room phones are also available.
- Portable WiFi phones are available for employees that require mobility.
- Phones are also provided in some classrooms and hallways to call for help.
- Conference calling is available on request by calling 507-389-2226
- Toll-bypass to the Twin Cities metro area reduces long distance charges.
NOTE: that the VoIP phones also act as an emergency broadcast system to alert the campus to severe weather emergencies as well as safety emergencies.
Coming Soon: Unity Voicemail
A new voicemail system will be cut over November 29th.
More information will be coming soon.
Reducing Telecommunication Costs
The Cisco phone system had significantly decreased telecommunication costs throughout the years.
Long distance calls to the Twin Cities metro area are toll free which provides additional savings to the University.
Residence Hall Phones
Telephones are no longer provided in Residence Halls. Students who need telephones can purchase phone service through Consolidated Communications. Contact Residential Life for information.