Telephone ServicesPage address: http://www.mnsu.edu/telecomm/services.html
Telephone installation and similar changes must be approved by the department head and submitted to the campus telephone coordinator (ML 3010) after the completion of a Telephone Change Request Form. Repairs dealing with equipment, such as the telephone or attached cords, or repairs dealing with line problems, such as static, noise or jack malfunctions (requiring a repair person), will be handled by the telephone coordinator at 2226. For information or questions about charges and rates see the Telephone Dialing Information section or contact the telephone coordinator at 2226. For questions about telephone billing, contact the Business Affairs Office.
Authorized Telephone Use
Telephones are permitted to be used for very limited personal calls provided that there is no incremental cost for the call and must be done on personal time. Excessive use of personal calls may lead to disciplinary action.
Long distance calls are to be used for business calls only. State of Minnesota Statute strictly prohibits any and all personal long distance calls on state-owned telephones.
Telephone Dialing Information
- Long distance calls: 5.5¢ per minute
- International/Canadian: varies depending on time & country
- Long Distance Numbers
- 8 + 1 + area code + 7-digit number + ID code
- Local numbers:
- 9 + 7-digit number
- 800 numbers/500 numbers:
- 9 + 1 + 800 or 500 + 7-digit number
- International calls:
- 8 + 011 + country code + city code + the local number + ID code (When calling internationally you must be using an ID code that has been unrestricted for international calling)
- Information calls:
- 8 + 1 + (area code you are calling) + 555-1212 + ID code