Meet Some of Our
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and The Dude (Eriq Nelson) on a recent program.
In August 2013, pictures of Theatre & Dance performance alum Eriq Nelson with MVP Adrian Peterson started appearing
on Facebook. It begged the questions: Why are you pictured with AP? And who the heck are you trying to be? Here's how Eriq answered.
"I created a live TV show here at Childrens Hospitals called the 'Kids Clubhouse.' I play a few different characters,
but the main one is The Dude. I created the Dude to be a big kid, so that when we have shows, events, and
big name guests, I can ask the questions and interact with them as one of our patients would. I host 4-5 live
shows a week, all of them interactive. The kids watch from their rooms and can call in. One of those shows is
'Star Studio Bingo with the Dude.'
"(Vikings MVP running back Adrian Peterson) was here as a part of his All Day Foundation, meeting kids, patients
and families. We got him to be on our show for about 10 minutes. The pictures that you see are all taken during his time on the air."
Check another alumni interview:
• The Medora Musical 2013: Technicians Matt Gilbertson & Dana Kleiman,
performers Emily Walter and Lauren Mikeal Weber
• Guthrie Theater regular Jim Lichtscheidl
• Bismarck, ND, teacher/director Erin Drevlow
• Globe-trotting activist Chris Bell
• Minnesota State Moorhead chair Craig Ellingson
• Rapid City graphic artist and actor Jeff Smith
• Our man on the road, Corey Krolikowski
• Taking the stage by storm, Jacleen Olson
• Theatre technicians Allen Weeks and Mick Coughlan said.
—Mike Lagerquist, August 2013
If you have questions or comments,
click on Mike's name above.